The book «Anne of Green Gables» by Lucy Montgomery is the first book of the cycle effuse about Anne – wonderful eleven orphans who came to the new family on a farm in Canada. She has a simple name and an old dress, but she can always imagine that her name was Cordelia and its most fashionable outfits. It is a pity, of course, that imaginary things are drawback – the time when you have to accept the reality. But without imagination, a beautiful place to be just some “mall”, but Anne is not ready to give the name “White Way Charm.” The only thing that she is unable to imagine – it is a different color of his red mop of hair.
Well may be perhaps less color red? Anne believes that there is, and is ready to fight a slate plaque, call her who “carrot”. All this, however, only helps Anne Shirley to be very focused, and very good girl who grows into a beautiful woman.
Total has written eight books, which describe the life of Anne at different ages:
1. Anne of Green Gables (1908), 11-16 years
2. Anne of Avonlea (1909) 16-18
3. Anne of the Island (1915) 18-22
4. Anne of Windy Willows (1936), 22-25 years
5. Anne’s House of Dreams (1917), 25-27 years
6. Anne of Ingleside (1939), 34-40 years
7. Rainbow Valley (1919) ’41
8. Rilla of Ingleside (1921) 49-53