The novel «Outlander» by Diana Gabaldon was published in 1991, is the first book in a series of eight books, but the massive popularity gained recently. Channel Starz has released the first season of the series on the novel in 2014 and it paid off — the series has become iconic, and collected a mountain of awards and is already renewed for a fourth season. The creators of the series successfully adapted the contents of the book, while not reciting it verbatim and making a new one. But about the show I can write a lot and for a long time, now we are talking about the primary source.
Claire Randall, the main character, was a nurse on the front lines in world war II. Her husband, Frank, served in the secret intelligence service of great Britain MI6. During the war they saw each other ten days, and now, after the victory day, Claire can’t believe his luck — they are both alive despite the horrors of war, and they will be together. Just whether? But I will not get ahead of ourselves.
After the happy reunion, they decide to spend a second honeymoon in Scotland, to remember each other and work on procreation. No kids, no pregnancies they had, despite a lengthy marriage. Frank will affect Scotland more and his passion for genealogy. Like his distant ancestor lived there, and he’s going to find all possible information in the library and the local Church Minister, who is also passionate about history. The ultimate goal of search is the creation of a genealogical tree of the family Randall. Day goes after day without major upheavals.
One morning Frank offers to go look at a modern repetition of the ancient druid custom of early dance in the sheets. So have fun local girls and women on the hill with stones on the type of Stonehenge. Hill called Craigh na Dun and it plays a key role in the book.
Girls danced, parted, Claire and Frank were delighted, and then Claire notices an interesting flower on the bottom of the hill. She is interested in botany and healing properties of herbs, but can’t identify the plant. The next morning she returned to the hill with the aim to disrupt the sample and home directories to see how the flower is called. Remembering yesterday’s fascinating druid dance, and she rises to the stones and touches the hand of one of them. This was a fatal mistake.
Download File Details:
- Outlander (Outlander Book #1) by Diana Gabaldon – In .epub and .pdf
- Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander Book #2) by Diana Gabaldon – In .epub and .pdf
- Voyager (Outlander Book #3) by Diana Gabaldon – In .epub and .pdf
- Drums of Autumn (Outlander Book #4) by Diana Gabaldon – In .epub and .pdf
- The Fiery Cross (Outlander Book #5) by Diana Gabaldon – In .epub and .pdf
- A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Outlander Book #6) by Diana Gabaldon – In .epub and .pdf
- An Echo in the Bone (Outlander Book #7) by Diana Gabaldon – In .epub and .pdf
- The Space Between (Outlander Book #7.5) by Diana Gabaldon – In .epub and .pdf
- Written In My Own Heart’s Blood (Outlander Book #8) by Diana Gabaldon – In .epub and .pdf
- A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows (Outlander Book #8.5) by Diana Gabaldon – In .epub and .pdf